About EC CLIENTS:
- All categories: from 5-1
- Cyclocross Specialists
- Triathletes with a focus on improving bike splits.
- Athletes with limited training time.
About Elliston Coaching:
The basis of my coaching methodology stems from what I have experienced and learned throughout my 30 years as an Elite cyclist. These experiences have laid the foundation for my beliefs on training and racing, and have provided me with the tools to create programs designed to meet each athlete's specific needs.
I believe in following a periodized program of specific timing and application of of principles. When broken down, the principles of successful training are nearly the same as they have always been and are really quite basic. These principles are the foundation of sport and a tried and true method still employed by the top level elite athletes. This starts with a “bottom-up” philosophy of building a strong base of endurance, and then proceeding from there.
In following these beliefs, I take a more “old school” or organic approach in that I design workouts based on perceived exertion and on athlete feedback when a client tells me their responses to different workloads. I also use heart rate and power to help shape these decisions, but prefer not to base training exclusively on those parameters. I encourage athletes to get a feel for different workloads and situations first, and then use HR and power as supplemental means to gauge progress.
Finally, I believe communication is a large key to success. With all my programs, I offer a high degree of communication to ensure that training and racing is evaluated as frequently as possible to minimize chances of pitfalls.
- Bronze medalist, 2011 US National Tandem Sprint Championships
- Most Aggressive Rider Jersey, Mt Holly GP (2008)
- Winner, KOM Jersey, Tour of Belize (2006)
- Stage Win, Tour of Belize (Stage 5, TTT, 2006)
- Winner, Belize Holy Saturday Cross Country RR (2005)
- Multiple Top 10 Stage Finishes in International Stage Race Competition.
- 2-Time PA State Criterium Champion (1992, 1993)
- NJ TTT Champion (1996)
- 2-Time Mid-Atlantic Cyclocross Series Champion (2000, 2001)
- Over 100 Career Victories
- Over 300 Top Ten Finishes
- Over 30 years racing experience across national and international competition
- 5 years as professional
Sony Music Studios Pro Cycling Team (1997)
Targetraining Pro Cycling Team (2006)
- Competed in multiple countries:
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand